- PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION
- SeamStitch Fabric
- Packaging: rolls
- CAS Number: n/a
- DATE UPDATED: Thursday, May 10, 2018
- EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER: INFOTRAC: 800-535-5053
II. COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
- Polyester (polyethylene terephthalate polymer)
- There are no hazardous ingredients as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 29, part 1910.1200
III. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
- INHALATION: General ventilation is suggested. Recirculating systems should, whenever practical, be operated in the bypass mode to avoid concentrating air contaminants in the work space.
- EYES: Not applicable.
- SKIN: Exposure does not pose significant health problems under normal conditions of handling and use.
IV. FIRST-AID MEASURES
- INHALATION: Not applicable.
- EYE CONTACT: Not applicable.
- SKIN CONTACT: Wash affected area with large amounts of soap and water. Consult a physician if irritation develops.
- INGESTION: Not applicable
V. FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES
- FLASH POINT: Non-combustible
- AUTOIGNITION TEMPERATURE: Not applicable
- LEL: Not applicable.
- UEL: Not applicable.
- FLAMMABLE LIMITS: Not applicable.
- EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: Water, carbon dioxide, form or dry power.
- FIRE-FIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS: Wear SCBA and full protective gear when entering a confined or enclosed space to protect from normal combustions products and.or oxygen deficiency.
- UNUSUAL FIRE OR EXPLOSION HAZARDS: Polyester fabrics will melt at approximately 500°F (260°C) and will be burn if exposed to flame. Decomposition products generated from molten polymer may be subject to Autoignition. Combustion products will be comprised of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. The exact composition will depend on combustion conditions.
VI. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
- SPILL/LEAK PROCEDURES: Not applicable.
- DISPOSAL: Disposal should be in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
VII. HANDLING AND STORAGE
- HANDLING PRECAUTIONS: Not applicable.
- STORAGE REQUIREMENTS: Not applicable.
VIII. EXPOSURE CONTROLS / PERSONAL PROTECTION
- VENTILATION: General ventilation is suggested. Re-circulating systems should, whenever practical, be operated in the bypass mode to avoid concentrating air contaminants in the work place.
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Not applicable.
- PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Not applicable.
- EYE PROTECTION: Safety glasses.
IX. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Appearance and Odor:||Polyester knot fabric|
|Vapor Pressure:||Not applicable|
|Density (pounds per gallon)||Not applicable|
|Water Solubility:||Not applicable|
|Boiling Point:||Not applicable|
|Melting Point:||Approximately 500°F|
|Freezing Point:||Not applicable|
|Viscosity (cps):||Not applicable|
|% Volatile by Volume:||Not applicable|
|Evaporation Rate (n-BuAC=1)||Not applicable|
|Volatile Organic Compounds||Not applicable|
X. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
- STABILITY: Stable
- INCOMPATIBILITY: No known incompatible materials are known for this product.
- HAZARDOUS POLYMERIZATION: Will not polymeriize.
- HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: None.
XI. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
No information available.
XII. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
No information available.
XIII. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
- DISPOSAL: Treat or dispose of waste material in accordance with all local, state and federal requirements.
XIV. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
- PRODUCT LABEL: SeamStitch Fabric
- SHIPPING NAME: Not Applicable.
- SHIPPING CLASS: Non Hazardous.
XV. REGULATORY INFORMATION
EPA REGULATIONS: All components of this product are believed to be in compliance with the inventory listing requirements of the US. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Chemical Substances Inventory.
XVI. OTHER INFORMATION
The information and recommendations contained herein are based upon data believed to be correct. However, no guarantee or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, is made with respect to the information contained herein. We accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability for any harmful effects which may be caused by exposure to our products. Customers/users of this product must comply with all applicable health and safety laws, regulations, and orders.